I love championing anything British happening here in Singapore, so when the British High Commish asked me to help raise awareness for Digital Fashion Week which they and the British Council have helped organise and where none other than the great British beauty Naomi Campbell will be making her first Southeast Asian runway appearance, I was of course more than happy to do my civic duty.
What’s more, she’s actually going to walk for a Singaporean designer, which is really quite something.
Digital Fashion Week is, potentially, a huge deal: it’s the world’s first shoppable live-streaming fashion event (sorry ladies, that does mean no couture). Viewers can make instant online purchases off the live runway.
The wonderful Naomi’s presence will help it enormously in terms of profile building. And what’s more, it’s all happening right here in Singapore.
DFW debuted last year and bought in a global audience of more than 2.7m – stats made up of style fans from around the world, all shopping the looks straight off the catwalk which provided an unspeakably valuable data source for designers wanting to see what will sell in the coming seasons.
This year, Digital Fashion Week Singapore is running from 1-4 November.
One of the presenters for the event will be the lovely Rana, who I like very much and can only be described as the girl with big hair and big style; she’s a fashion ed out here as well as a proper blogger (hurrah for decent, well-written blogs…what would we do without them?!). You can peruse her prose for yourself on Bonjour Singapore.
The British High Commission are giving away six pairs of tickets to the ‘by invitation only’ closing fashion show at DFW on Monday, 4 November 2013.
To stand a chance of winning, just post a pic of your British-inspired outfit, with a caption to describe why it represents British fashion (less than 25 words please).
Participants must ‘Like’ UK in Singapore Facebook page to be eligible and to view the entries.
Post your photos on one of these channels:
- Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #DressUpUK.
Only public accounts/postings will be eligible. Optional hashtags to be used are: #OOTD (‘outfit of the day’) #DigitalFashionWeek #britishexchange
- A pair of Digital Fashion Week tickets for the ‘by invitation only’ opening fashion show, where British Supermodel Naomi Campbell makes her debut catwalk in Southeast Asia on Friday, 1 November 2013.
- New Look + TM Lewin + ASOS shopping vouchers worth S$350
- Stamp set commemorating the visit to Singapore of TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
- British Council goodie bag
5 Consolation Prizes:
- A pair of Digital Fashion Week ‘by invitation only’ fashion show tickets.
- New Look + TM Lewin + ASOS shopping vouchers worth SGD$100
- British Council goodie bag
This contest ends on Monday, 28 October 2013 at 2359hrs and you can enter as many times as you’d like .